Friday, May 11, 2012

Easy Peasy Lo=Carb Shrimp Alfredo

Shopping day today, joy.  Everything worked out fine food wise.  I always sweat having enough money to get through to the next week and getting everything on my list.  I just want to feel like I am being a good steward of our money for food and buying good food - not junk.  Making that coincide with staying on budget isn't as easy as it used to be.  People who tell you that healthy food is just as affordable as junk food are in denial, and I am not talking Egypt!  I am blessed to be able to make many healthy items from scratch (such as crackers and tortillas, lo-carb of course) to lower our cost and have found a local source for the BEST farm eggs ever!  Whew, got that off my chest.  It's pay/shopping day, thanks for letting me vent - LOL

Here is the recipe I mentioned last night.  I made this for a quick and delicious lunch yesterday.  It is quit flexible too.

Easy Peasy Lo-Carb Shrimp Alfredo

1 lb. bag frozen broccoli, steamed and drained
3 TBS. real butter
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups small frozen shrimp, cooked and shelled
1/4 cup real cream
8 oz. grated Parmesan cheese

Melt butter in heavy skillet and stir in garlic.  Add broccoli and shrimp and sir to coat with garlic butter.  Stir in cream and Parmesan cheese.  Heat to a simmer and serve.

Serves 4

You can add heat to this as you please, red pepper flakes, curry, anything you please!

You can sub stir=fry veg. if you like or serve over 'cauli=rice'.  See, flexible!


Wow, blogger is working much better now!  You will be hearing more from me soon.
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments: